Dear Nate,
One year ago we welcomed you into this world. You are an amazing little boy, so full of life. Your smile is amazing....and comes so easily and readily. I could get lost in your eyes, their blueness is electric. It seems like yesterday that I awoke in the night with a contraction that was so intense I had to get up. When I came back to bed after going to the bathroom, I sat down and my water broke. It was 4:30 am, I woke up your daddy and told him, he wasn't quite with it and asked me again what I said. We called the hospital and asked them when we should come in. They said to shower, eat breakfast and come in a couple of hours. We called Grandma and Grandpa and had them keep trying to call Auntie Naomi as we so wanted her there. Then I packed up, showered, ate and off we went....daddy told Scott (our next door neighbor and dave's coworker) that we were on our way to the hospital and daddy wouldn't be at work. As we drove daddy called bestemor and mommy called grandma and grandpa. I told grandma and grandpa to be praying hard that I was dilated because I didn't want pitocin...you see, I had my dr appt the day before and you hadn't even dropped yet, I wasn't even dilated...so it looked like you weren't coming...the dr actually cleared me to work one more week. Contractions were coming steady...and we were praying hard all the way to the hospital. We checked in the ER and I couldn't even tell them my address as the contractions were getting quite strong. We got up to the room and they checked me, I was dilated to 5!!! God is good!! The Dr came at 8 am and said he was even surprised I was dilated that much! I was transitioning pretty quickly...when the dr was in I vomited twice and was shocked, because the Dr not only held the puke container, but washed it out and gave it back to me. Around 10:30 am I was given the ok to start pushing. This became quite a long process....and looking back I don't think I was ready to push yet. But we started....you kept getting stuck on my tailbone. The contractions would last only long enough to get 2 good pushes and I needed a 3rd push to get you past, but the contraction would just end...so we pushed and pushed and pushed.....it was getting close to 2 hrs of pushing...the nurse was kinda telling me we might have to do a c section....but Dr Henderson came on his lunch break and told me no, your going to push this baby out. I was exhausted...it felt like you were never coming...I didn't want to push anymore because it felt like it would never end...your daddy looked at me and told me he needed me to do this. When dr henderson donned the gown, I knew this was for real.....you were born at 12:24 pm.
I remember every detail. every emotion. You are such a mix of your daddy and me. You have your mommy's rounder face and my toes. You have your daddy's lips and forehead. I can't imagine life with out you...it's like you've always have been a part of it. I LOVE being your mommy. I love your personality....the joy you have is infectious....the smiles you give so easily....I love how you study everything...taking your time....I love your little pointer finger, how it examines things.....I love when you pound the piano keys and "sing"....I LOVE your open mouth kisses....I LOVE how you love your puppy....
I pray that your faith runs deep...that joy continues to flow out of you....and that you always know and cling to the love of Jesus Christ. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may he lift up his countenance upon you and give you His peace....
I love you so very much. Happy Birthday!
mommy

2 comments:
I can't believe he's one already! I love the pic with his little pointer showing "one."
Isn't it amazing how we can recount every detail of the day that they were born? I loved reading his special story.
Beautiful tribute Sonja. Cute photos too! That first year flies by sooo fast!
Post a Comment